|West Nile Virus (WNV) is a disease trasmitted to humans,
birds, horses, and other animals by infected mosquitoes.
1. Drain any standing water
2.&3. Dawn and Dusk are times to avoid being outside to avoid
4. Dress appropriately by wearing long sleeves and pants when
5. Defend yourself by wearing protective repellent, such as Deet,
Picardin, or Oil of Eucalyptus.
6. Door and window screens should be closed tight and in good
7. District personnel are available to address any mosquito
problems you may experience,
by calling the District office at: (530)458-4966
|EPA Registered Materials used:
To the public, and Governmental Agencies within the Colusa Mosquito Abatement District boundries, this is a notice of intent to
apply public health pesticides for vector control purposes to surface waters and waters of the U.S. within Colusa and Sutter
• The Colusa Mosquito Abatement District intends to make public health pesticide applications to, over and adjacent to
constructed conveyances, surface waters and other waters of the U.S. owned and controlled by an entity other than the
District for vector control purposes per the requirements of the General NPDES Permit for Biological and Residual Pesticide
Discharges for Vector Control Applications.
• The NPDES Permit requirements for listing of the Public Health Pesticides anticipated to be used were modified from the
previous permit, to the new permit which will be issued in 2016. The newer requirements specify that any pesticide product
can be used that contains approved active ingredients, provided all pesticide label restrictions and instructions are followed.
In addition, pesticides which fall under the “minimum risk” category can be used. The minimum risk pesticides have been
exempted from FIFRA requirements. The following tables list the active ingredients approved for the FIFRA regulated
Active Ingredients for larval mosquito control:
Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. israelensis (Bti)
Bacillus sphaericus (Bs)
Active Ingredients for adult mosquito control:
N-octyl bicycloheptene dicarboximide (MGK-264)
Piperonyl butoxide (PBO)
• The purpose of the use of larvicide and adulticide pesticides containing these active ingredients is for the control of larval
and adult mosquitoes to minimize the threat of mosquito-borne diseases and biting annoyances.
• The general time period for the application of the pesticides is March through November. Locations of expected use will be
constructed conveyances, surface waters and other waters of the U.S. located within Colusa and Sutter Counties.
• There are no known water use restrictions or precautions during treatment.
• Interested persons may contact the District at (530) 458-4966 or go to the website at colusamosquitoabatementdistrict.com
for additional information.
David B. Whitesell, Manager
Colusa Mosquito Abatement District
713 D. Street / East Webster
P.O. Box 208
Colusa, CA. 95932
|ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS FOR THE COLUSA
MOSQUITO ABATEMENT DISTRICT